Friday, June 12, 2015

New Blog ..... and Black warp

A new blog and testing it to see if it is passable for posting.

I have been playing around with this blog for awhile but guess it is time to get it going and live.

I have had a black warp on my 36" Harrisville Loom, that I am using from my weaving group "Tuesday Weavers".  They are a wonderful bunch of ladies and gents.  The Tuesday Weavers are associated with the Appalachian Arts and Craft Center.  

Anyway back to my black warp.  I have not liked it and have not been anxious to weave with it.  So it has been on the loom for a couple of weeks and that is just not like me.  Usually a week is a long time for a warp to be on a loom. Well, last night, I finally got it off.  Here are the three  runners that came off.

 


The first one is with a soft chenille.  It is ok and nice and soft.  The second one is a Jiffy Thick and Quick 100% Acrylic yarn.  This one is my favorite and might use for a bath mat.  And the third one is five strains of cotton carpet warp.  


so now I have to decide what I want to do next..... That might be my next post...  

Thanks for reading my blog and please leave a comment and let me know you have been here and if you don't mind, please follow my blog and come back again. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pieces, Harriet! Thanks for sharing.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors on the first one, Reminds me of the ocean. So very proud of you! Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete